Saturday, March 6, 2010

Men I Like- The Hot Ginge Edition

Oh dear. Here I go again. My friends truly don't get my taste in men. I suppose I can understand, I mean not every woman can appreciate the raw charisma of Mickey Roarke, or the undeniable talent of Joaquin Phoenix(although I'm still wondering WTF about him). No, I'm perfectly OK with the fact that I have quirky taste in men.

Today's man I like is technically young enough to be my son. Or I'm technically old enough to be his mother. Whatever. He's got red hair and I tell you what, there is something about red hair that gets people riled up. They either love it, or they hate it. I happen to love it. Conan O'Brien? Gorgeous, IMO. Lucille Ball? Comedic genius, I'm sure we all can agree. But there is no doubt that red hair definitely strikes a cord with people.

Today's man I like has been described as the love child of these two-
Carrot Top (who is a scary redhead, kind of like Pennywise the clown in 'It')


and Frances McDormand (one of my most favorite things about the movie 'Fargo')


Yes, I am talking about Olympic gold-medalist Shaun White. Let's stop for a moment to gaze-


I think part of what makes him so attractive to me is the fact that he's doing such extreme stunts, and he makes it look so easy. He skateboards, snowboards, skydives, etc., and to someone like me (who can barely walk and chew gum at the same time) the fact that he gets off on flying down a snow-packed mountain on a piece of wood is pretty awesome! He's a sports rock star, but at the same time, Shaun White is carefully maintaining his public image, because he knows that kids look up to him. We haven't heard anything negative about him (not yet, so don't blow it, Shaun)and as a parent, I appreciate that.

When you break down the parts of his features, he's not conventionally good looking by any means. But he carries himself well; his confidence comes shining through. Confidence and self-assurance are very sexy traits, I do believe. He's got nice teeth, too!


Finally, let's check him out in action-

4 comments:

Nadine said...

Kelley! Yes! I've been ever so deeply in love with Shaun since Torino. It's all in the talent. Talent and dedication are very, very hot.
Although if I had to choose between him & Apolo, oh god. I don't know what I'd do.

Kelley said...

Oh wow, I am definitely going to have to put Apolo on my 'Men I Like' list! I don't know if I could make that choice, either.


vw: ingly- Shaun White makes me feel a bit ingly all over!

Kelly said...

Shaun White is a hottie and I'm jealous that he has better hair than I do.

CarrotTop, on the other hand, is just creepy, what with the makeup and the plastic surgery and the steroids.

phd in yogurtry said...

Not such a fan of red headed men, at least, not on a cellular level that screams for DNA combining .. but Shaun White could change my mind.