Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Has Sprung, and I'm Ready To Spring This Joint

Well, I didn't realize it has been two weeks since my last post. Things have been crazy around here, and I'm not even really sure why. Let me see if I can recall everything...

I had a couple of days off, St. Pats and the 18th. We didn't go to the parade this year, because the weather was kind of drizzly and crappy. Instead, I went to see my friend Gayle, and got my hair did. A totally new hairstyle! Instead of having the mousy, stringy mop that was my old hair, my new and improved hair is a little shorter with layers and the color, oh the color! I told Gayle that I LOVED Sharon Osbourne's hair, but wasn't quite sure if I was ready to commit to that bold a color. She said not to worry, she would cook up something great. And she did! It's a dark brunette, with deep burgundy red highlights. I left her salon feeling like a million bucks! Then, I went to the eye doctor. I got new contacts, and new glasses. Again, a whole new look there, too. I picked out some dark brown frames, and I love them. Chickenhead said they make me look like a nerd, but whatever. I'm a hot nerd!

On the house hunt front...oh this is the thing that is just making me sick. Long story short, we didn't get the loan. But, we still want to move. I need to decide soon if I'm going to give Loony Landlady our notice. But first, we need to figure out where the hell we're moving to! And the moving itself. I have nightmares about it, I really do. We've lived here in the Casa for almost 7 years, and that is a LOT of crap, my friends. All the cabinets and drawers and closets to clean out. All the crap in the garage that the Husband has to sort through. And I'm not even going to mention Chickenhead's room. It doesn't really bother me as much as I thought it would that we didn't get the loan. What bothers me is that we seem to just be floating in limbo right now, not really knowing where we want to move to, let alone getting off of our butts and actually looking for a house. And the garage sale! We need to figure out when we're going to have the garage sale!

Chickenhead is doing well, except for one thing. Friday night, he told me he was having trouble breathing and his heart was beating really fast. I asked him if this happened all the time, and he said no, only in the evenings. The Husband and I think it may be related to the new ADD medication his doctor put Chickenhead on. I didn't have him take it yesterday or today, and I'm going to talk to his doctor tomorrow before I give it to him again. As much as I like for him to pay attention in school, I don't want him to have a heart attack doing it. That's not cool at all!

So that's about all that's going on. I got a mini-makeover and I have no idea what's going on. Nothing too unusual about that, I suppose.

1 comment:

cathycan said...

Limbo is the worst! (I don't even like the party game.)
I like to tackle a problem, solve it,make up my mind, and limbo means I can't do that.
I hope you can find something soon!