Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hello, Lover!

I have to confess, there's someone new in my life. Hey, I have needs. And there are some needs that the Husband just can't satisfy. Sometimes, I need something hot. Sometimes, I need something rich. So I did what I had to do...



I bought a Keurig!


What were you thinking, hmm? I have wanted one of these babies for a long time. I love a good cup of coffee, but I'm the only one here that drinks it, so making a whole pot is wasteful. Going to the coffee shop every day can get pretty pricey, too. So a couple of weekends ago while I was lazing away on the sofa and flipping through the TV channels, I landed on QVC. I will watch QVC for hours on end, but never order anything. But not this time! Because they had this coffee maker, the water filter, the 'my K-Cup' and and assortment of 48 K-Cups for an amazing price that was split up in to four low payments. It was destiny, destiny, I tell you, that I happened upon QVC at that moment.

So I've spent the past week sampling all the different coffees that they sent me. I have to admit, I'm not wild about the extra-dark roasts, but I'll manage. When the time comes, though, I'll order a milder roast. Or, I can just buy my favorite coffee at the store and use the 'my K-cup'. Either way, my needs are satisfied!

In other news, we're apparently ready for Easter here at the Casa. Take a look at the egg Chickenhead decorated at school today-


Meet John, the Angry Easter Egg. I don't know why he's angry. I didn't really want to ask. I made Chickenhead put him in the fridge. John scares me.

5 comments:

Lola said...

Don't you just love it! When my partner left the Keurig is what we fought over. She took it. I called no fair, for many, many reasons. And she brought it back. I now have full custody of the Keurig! Woo hoo!

And if you want a less expensive alternative, you can by the Folgers, Maxwell House, or the store brand of coffee singles which are just like tea bags. You just put it in, instead of the Keurig coffees. You can also put tea bags and make a perfect cup of tea.

Carol said...

LOVE MY KEURIG!! Like you, I'm the only one who drinks it, I use regular ole' coffee in the filter thingy. I have bought the different flavors....even Dark Chocolate Cocoa....French vanilla is my fave so far. Oh, and save those 20% off coupons to Bed Bath & Bunch of shits....they sell them there too!

Rechelle said...

Ha! Love the egg.

Lurker Girl said...

Oh I am so happy for you--you have been coveting one of these for years now~~ENJOY!!

and to be honest, the egg troubles me--haha!

Mrs. G. said...

I hope your morning joe is all the sweeter. Fancy machine! It looks serious.