Friday, May 28, 2010

Completely Random

I'm just going to write whatever pops up in to my head and let's see what happens....

OK, Chickenhead's last day of school was yesterday. Yay! Even though he left early because he was sick, it was a day for celebration. Sure, he decided to celebrate by sleeping off a fever, but the Husband and I celebrated by discussing all of the dippy parents we wouldn't be dealing with next year, and the general decline of our school district. Childish and immature, why yes, thanks for noticing.

In other Chickenhead news, I'm getting ready to plan his birthday party. Because of some people in my husband's family, planning this party has involved hand holding, eye rolling, tongue biting and negotiation skills worthy of a U.N. ambassador. I'm at the point where I'm saying 'screw it', and just focusing on the things that will make the birthday boy happy. The Husband and I are betting that the people we are feeling pressured to bend over backwards for won't even show up. I'm getting tired of suffering the stupid people in my life!

We're gearing up for our garage sale in a couple of weeks. The inside of the Casa looks like Fred Sanford's front yard, but hopefully I'll rake in some cash. I've got a little bit of everything and still have more to go through. Hopefully I'll get that done this weekend.

June is going to be a busy month! We're celebrating our Memorial Day with a cookout at Grump Manor next weekend, so that certain family members can attend. Then, the garage sale, the weekend after that is scrapping with my cult-sisters and Father's Day, and then there's Chickenhead's birthday. Phew! I get tired just thinking about it.

Speaking of thinking, I've given a lot of thought to the baby girl my mom gave up for adoption. I've decided that I'm just going to look at the birth records, and then go from there. A very big part of me wants to find her, but I think that would be very selfish of me. I believe that it will be enough for me to know that she was placed in a family that was able to give her a good life. There are national databases online that I can post the info on, and if she's out there looking, I'll let it be her decision to find me.

I have discovered the joys of iced coffee, thanks to my lover, Keurig! It has an iced coffee setting, so I can brew right in to a glass filled with ice, add some sugar and milk, and I'm set! And I'm hooked! Hopelessly addicted!! I plan on drinking it all weekend. I should be able to get a LOT done if I'm that jacked on caffeine!

I'm hoping for a quiet, peaceful weekend. Watch it get all jacked up! I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day!

1 comment:

Carol said...

With the quantity of ice coffee you will consume...you probably won't notice if your weekend gets jacked up or not! LOL Enjoy your time off sister...you deserve it!