Wednesday, May 12, 2010

So Anyway...

Every day, I think about something I want to write or vent about on here, and I never get around to it. There has been so much going on lately, in my life and in the world. I think for tonight, I'll just tackle the easy stuff!

Chickenhead is almost done with 4th grade. Today in class, the split up the boys and the girls and you know what that means...yep, THE MOVIE. I asked him if he had any questions about anything, and he said no, but that he thought it would be really cool to have a 10-ft. penis. How am I supposed to respond to that? So I just said nothing. I think it's better that way.

Friday, he and The Husband are going on a field trip with the homeschooling group he'll be a part of next year. I am really excited about this! It's through Lawrence Virtual Schools, and there are around 1,000 kids across Kansas right now that are part of the program. They are part of the K12.com program that I wrote about a couple of weeks ago. The best thing about LVS is they supply not only all the books and class supplies that we'll need, but also a laptop! All for $97 for the entire school year!! Chickenhead is looking forward to the field trip, and I think if he gets to hang out with the other kids, he'll be even more excited about homeschooling.


Let's see, what else...Mother's Day was bittersweet. I had a lovely weekend, but it was very hard without my mom. I cried most of the weekend. When I wasn't crying, we went and got a new dryer, I bought some clothes at Kohl's and we had a yummy MD dinner at Jose Peppers. It was rough, though, not buying a card for her this year. I sat down to make cards for my friends, but my not heart just wasn't in it.

And so, that's my life in a nutshell right now. Nothing too terribly exciting going on at the moment. Sometimes, that's a good thing!

3 comments:

cathycan said...

At first I didnt get what "Movie" you were talking abt., and then when he made the "10 foot" comment, I thought wth?! THEN, I finally "got it". I'm a little slow sometimes!
Sorry Mother's Day was such a tender time for you. Maybe you should go ahead and make your Mom a card,inside write what's in your heart and put it away somewhere with some of her things.
enjoy the new dryer!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Mother's Day is hard without your own mother. I've found my own birthday to be a little tough too-after all, your mom is really the only other person to whom your birthday is the most special day.

The rest sounds wonderful, though.

Lurker Girl said...

Aww hun, I'm so sorry --1st that you experienced your first Mother's day without your Mom and 2nd--that your son wants a 10' penis. Pretty soon he will start to believe that his actually IS 10'--like most guys do--hahaha!!