Monday, June 28, 2010

For My Son

My dear sweet Kai,

When you first came in to my life 10 years ago, I couldn't fathom that I could love someone so much. Just as Daddy filled a hole in my heart, you filled the rest and made it whole.


With every day that has passed since the day you were born, I have learned more about myself than I could ever imagine. Because of you, I am stronger than I ever thought possible. Because of you, I have learned when to be firm and when to give in. OK, I'm still working on that one, because to be honest, I think I give in more than I should. I think you know that I'm a sucker!

Even though you sometimes make me nuts, I would not trade my life as your mom for anything on this earth. Your smile and laugh, your goofy sense of humor and your sweet tenderness make every eye roll (yours, not mine), exasperated sigh and occasional temper tantrum worth it.

I'm sure that Daddy would agree with me that you have made our lives much richer for being a part of it. You are truly our blessing, and we treasure every moment with you.

I don't want to even begin to imagine how quickly the next 10 years are going to go by. A part of me wants you to stay just as you are, but I can't wait to see the man you will grow up to be. Maybe I'm biased, but I think you're going to be a pretty spectacular adult!

So happy, happy birthday, my darling boy. Know that I am always here for you, and will love to the moon and back for all time.

Love,
Mom

4 comments:

yogurt said...

darling pictures. love the baby pic, looking so totally relaxed as he sleeps, and the close up of his now pic, such a cute little boy

Ashley said...

This is very sweet!

lifeinredshoes said...

Hang on to your hat. the next ten will fly by!

Mrs. G. said...

He is such a handsome boy! What a sweet tribute. Hey, love your new header. Stay cool in the KS heat!