Sunday, June 13, 2010

Success!!

So, last night I got to meet my brother (heee!!!) James and his family. Let me tell you about it...

Throughout most of the day yesterday, I was kind of nervous. I was looking forward to meeting them, but at the same time, thinking, 'maybe we shouldn't'. I had some last minute self doubts; what if he didn't like me? What if Chickenhead didn't get along with his cousins? But when it came time to go, I was OK.

And it turned out that all of that self doubt was for naught. In a way, it was like we have always known each other. James and I looked at a few photos that I took with me, and we could definitely see the family resemblance between my mom and him, and his daughter. We talked about all the strange coincidences in our lives; he grew up about three blocks away from the house that Mom bought in 1989. James now lives about three blocks away from my late uncle's home, my mom's brother, who was also named James. He went to grade school right across the street from where nearly all of my family is buried. Pretty much all of our lives, we've never been more than 15 minutes away from each other.

Chickenhead and his new cousins got along like they've been friends forever. We felt so at ease with James and his wife, Mary, that it seemed like the most natural thing in the world for us to all be together. The Husband really enjoyed spending time talking soccer and sports with James, and it seems like they might have a lot in common.

All in all, I wouldn't change a thing. Well, except for maybe one. I FORGOT TO TAKE ANY PICTURES!!! I know my friend Carol just screamed 'what?!' right now, but I totally forgot. I took my camera and everything, but we were so busy talking that I never even thought about taking pictures. I will take pictures the next time we meet, for sure!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Give me a minute....to recover...from the mini stroke I just had! OMG! You're getting a pinch next Saturday! Soooo glad it all went well for you....he sought you out...he wants this too! Love ya girl!

infinitehaiku said...

Hey.
Visiting from TWC. Can you BELIEVE it's closing ????

I'm so sad.

Come visit me if you want.