Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Oh Yeah, This Thing!

I don't really know what's going on, but my life seems to be a blur lately. I've been busy, but I can't tell you what I've been doing, because I really don't know! Let's see....

We had Chickenhead's birthday party earlier this month. It was a pool party at my father-in-law's house and it was a great success. My brother (!!) and his family came, and we had a wonderful time hanging out and talking.

I've been hard at work clearing out the rest of my mom's things, and getting that bedroom cleared out so that Chickenhead can move in there, and I can get my craft room back. And I'm still not done! I've set a deadline of August 1 for myself, because I want it done! I want to be able to work on my various projects without having to leave everything laying out on the kitchen table.

Other than trying to survive the hellish heat of a Kansas summer, I guess that's really all that's going on. I have a lot of ideas brewing in my head that will keep me busy for the rest of the summer, I'm sure!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey, are you homeschooling this coming year? Do you have a specific curriculum or are you going to do it loosely, or what?

Kelley said...

Ashley, we're using K12.com, through a local school district's 'virtual school' program. The program is pretty comprehensive, with math, language arts, history and science. The school district will loan us a laptop, and we get all the classroom supplies, too. I've got a 37-lb. shipment of supplies on it's way, should be here by Thursday!

I think we're going to like it, because we won't just be hanging out in the wind, so to speak. Our son will have daily contact with his teacher, and we can contact her at anytime if we have questions or get stuck.

Mommas Soapbox said...

Hope you have been getting lots of stuff accomplished! AND that you got to slow down a bit!