Monday, November 1, 2010

OK, Here We Go!

It's November 1st and that means it's time for NaBloPoMo- National Blog Posting Month. The idea is that bloggers commit to writing every day, even on weekends, for one month. By writing every day, I hope to improve my writing, and to learn to love my much neglected blog. Because look around, let's face it, I haven't been giving my blog the love it needs!

So, today I'm just going to write four random thoughts, and if you want to comment, please feel free!

1. I realized that this coming Sunday will mark the first anniversary of my mom's death. And I realized that it may never get any easier to deal with the fact she's gone.

2. I can now do multiplication and division of fractions in my sleep! We've been covering them for two units now in Chickenhead's math course. When I agreed that I would take on math with him, I was kind of dreading it. But it's given me a chance to brush up on little used math skills, and even helped me to understand some concepts I didn't get the first time around. So I may still not be smarter than a fifth grader, but I'm getting there!

3. Chickenhead is terrified of a giant cactus in the front hall. I'm terrified that there's probably Lord only knows how many spiders or other critters shacking up in it.

4. My craft room is FINISHED!!!! Yay! I worked so hard for it, and I love it! I'll take pictures and post soon!

2 comments:

Lisa Paul said...

Good luck with Nablopomo!

I was planning to do it too, but it depends on if I can pull a post together after the GIANTS' WIN!

Kelley said...

You could post ABOUT the Giants' win!! Congrats to the Giants, I have always had an intense dislike for the Rangers thanks to their connection to GWB. I'm deep about sports like that!