Saturday, January 1, 2011

What The Heck Happened?

Happy New Year! Wow, I didn't realize that it had been so long since I've written anything. Guess that NABLOPOMO thing kind of went by the wayside, huh?

I suppose I haven't written for a few reasons. Seems like life is busier than ever these days. And, to be honest, I didn't feel like writing for a while. I was feeling pretty down about the issues we've been having with The Husband's family, and for a while, I was so filled with anger towards them that I was afraid if I took to my blog to vent, it would get too ugly. That's not what I want my blog to be about. Which led to a lot of soul searching and thinking about what I want to do here.

Since we're at the beginning of a new year, it's time for a fresh start. I'm going to make an effort to post more frequently. Maybe not every day, but at least a few times a week. I'm doing a lot more crafts now that I have my craft room, so I'm hoping to share some of my work with you, and maybe a tutorial or two.

Chickenhead is doing great! He had a wonderful Christmas and has a big milestone coming up in a couple of weeks. Chickenhead will be crossing over from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts. There will be a big ceremony at his Cub Scout pack meeting, with lots of ritual and ceremony. He's really looking forward to it, and it's extra special because he's the only boy in his pack this year that's old enough to cross over. He'll be the star of the show for one evening, and I can't wait to see him shine!

So to all of you, Happy New Year! May your new year be filled with lots of love, plenty of laughter and wonderful memories!

1 comment:

Mrs. G. said...

Happy New Year to you too! Here's hoping 2011 is a good one.