Sunday, October 23, 2011

Time Out!

I think I must have put myself in a bit of a time out from blogging lately. Really, with school starting back up it's been hard to make the time to blog. Or craft. I am horrible at time management. I get all the important stuff done, but I never 'plan' time for myself. I'm trying to improve that, though.

Yesterday was my birthday, and I spent it with 3 of my closest friends at the CKC Scrapbook Convention. We didn't do classes, but just went to the vendor fair. It was so much fun! And it was inspiring, too. Sometimes, I get in a creative rut and can't think of what I want to do, let alone how to do it. It helped to go and see lots of different ideas and buy a few things to get my mojo goin' again!

Last night after I got home and hung out with The Husband and Chickenhead, I got my craft on. Here's a couple of things I made-


I love this little monkey! His name is Changito, and I collect Changito stamps. I buy a new one whenever I find them. I colored the image in with markers, then stamped an additional image so I could cut out the lights and make a 3-d effect with pop dots. Finally, I dotted each light with Glassy Effects so that they're shiny, and used Stickles for the pom-pom and cuff on his hat. I really like how this card turned out, and though I usually avoid the 'usual' red/green color combo on my Christmas cards, I may have to make this one this year.

I bought another stamp set with vases and flowers, something I've wanted for a while, and when I saw this set, I knew it was the one. After we left this booth, we ran in to a booth filled with every type of ribbon you could imagine. I saw this swatch of wide embroidered lace, and the light in my brain clicked on! The little embroidered flowers would be great for the flower part of my new stamp set!


After I cut the flowers out of the lace, I inked them with chalk inks. I really like the texture they add to this.

Finally, for my friend Carol's card challenge, I made this Halloween card-


I heat embossed the witch image then added color with colored pencils and mineral spirits. The edges of the image were inked with Tim Holtz distress inks in Peeling Paint and Dusty Concord.

I really miss crafting! I'm hoping to get in to the craft room today to give it a much needed cleaning, and possibly to do some sewing. I need more stuff for my Etsy shop!

5 comments:

k said...

Hi Kelley! I'm a Kelly too. Dropped by from Derfwad manor to check out the creativity. Looks like you really were inspired. I hope you do get a chance to play in your craft room. I added you to my etsy circle (bellecurve)-love the vintage childrens things. What a fabulous idea for an etsy empire!

Kelley said...

Thanks, Kelly! I love the stuff you add to your favorites on Etsy. Always lots of cool items. Maybe someday I'll have an empire, but I'll settle for a small kingdom! ;)

Mrs. G. said...

I saw these on FB and they are great! Nice work!

MommaSue said...

Beautiful card, chica! Glad you guys had fun but I sure do miss y'all!

Kelley said...

We miss you too, Sue! Hope I see you and Baby J next month!